"mobile" cygwin

Bogdan Czyz bogdan_czyz@hotmail.com
Tue Aug 5 19:06:00 GMT 2003

Hi there,
I'm trying to create custom cygwin build (about 40MBs). I mean I'm trying to
collect most of shell and file tools, and have at least cygwin sshd working.
I'd like to have everything on cd and when needed copy all cygwin directory
structure to hard disk (not only my private pc's disk but pc's disk I work
on that day - I don't want to install cygwin on each pc I got to work on)
and run all the utilities and use for instance sshd for port forwarding.
I'm in half way. I got all utilities working in place, batch files to add
and remove registry entries for cygwin (to get proper mounting points from
bash). Last thing I can't figure out is sshd. To be more specific passwd.
I'd like to have one (or couple) user(s) that I can work with independently
of system. I'd like to run sshd on machine I work on and I wouldn't like to
worry about creating new /etc/passwd each time. I'd like to use one of
defined users with known password and do what I need to do. Is that possible
at all with cygwin?? user independently?? If you have any ideas, please
advice.

Thanks in advance,
Bogdan