Cygwin survey: Next vim version with perl support?

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Wed Apr 30 22:46:00 GMT 2003

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> [x]  Yes, please add perl support to the next Cygwin vim release.
>
> [ ]  No, go away with that.
>
> [ ]  What's vim?

I install both vim and perl all the time anyway, so the dependency isn't
a problem.  But, if it makes vim start up significantly slower or run
slower, then my vote is, "no, go away with that."  If the Perl
interpreter is only started when you're using the Perl extensions, the
dependency is fine with me.  If I wanted a tiny vi, I'd use Calvin or Elvis.