Cygwin survey: Next vim version with perl support?

Joshua Daniel Franklin joshuadfranklin@yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 14:33:00 GMT 2003

> Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> writes:
>
>     [ ]  Yes, please add perl support to the next Cygwin vim release.
>
>     [X]  No, go away with that
>
>     [ ]  What's vim?

What I'd really like is someone (me, but in a few months?) to package
the tiniest, most library-independent vi we could find and put it in "Base".
Then vim could be the biggest mega-emacs-sized vi ever, reminiscent of
"Vim has become too big. Please use Emacs.  Thankyou."

But the real show-stopper about the perl support right now is that perl 5.8
doesn't seem to be working for some people. That, and would anyone actually
be using the perl support in vim?