root user in cygwin

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Mon Apr 21 14:02:00 GMT 2003

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, chuk mike wrote:

> I just down load cygwin in to my win2000 platform. It works fin but
> could not find anyway to have root user. It is different form the
> standard linux which start in root user and allow root user to create
> user accout. I have problem in install some package into cygwin by "sh"
> command. which reqired to be execute in root user level. Could you have
> some instruction for me to create root user in cygwin ?
>
> regards
> mike

Mike,

A Google search for "root user" restricted to cygwin.com returned some
relevant hits:
<http://www.google.com/search?q=%22root+user%22+site%3Acygwin.com>

HTH,
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II