rsync/ssh problems under DLL v1.3.22-1 and snapshot

cjs 2895 cjs2895@hotmail.com
Mon Apr 21 13:22:00 GMT 2003

Hello folks,

I've got rsync over ssh working under an fairly older version of cygwin, but
I can't duplicate my setup under the more recent versions. The version that
works is under cygwin1.dll v1.3.10. The versions that don't work include
1.3.21, 1.3.22, and the most recent snapshot. I've search google and this
problem seems to appear periodicly, and is solved every time by using a
different version of cygwin1.dll.

The command line I'm using is: rsync -e ssh -avn user@machine:/files .

The error I'm getting is:
Failed to dup/close : Socket operation on non-socket
rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at /tmp/rsync-2.5.6/pipe.c(68)
rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
/tmp/rsync-2.5.6/io.c(177)

The same command works on that earlier version of cygwin, linux, and AIX.

Anyone aware of a workaround? Or a fairly recent version of cygwin1.dll that
works? I've tried to use the one from 1.3.10 but there is a missing DLL
entry point that recent utilities need.

Thanks,
Christopher