g77 + gcc + flex + bison woes

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak ronald@landheer.com
Fri Apr 11 14:22:00 GMT 2003

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Andrey Romanenko wrote:
> Could you please help me out with the following:
> I have an application that has portions in C and Fortran. Besides, the
> configuration parser is implemented using flex and bison. It compiles and
> run fine in Linux. I am able to build it in the latest cygwin without a
> single warning. Yet, when I run it, the application hangs, apparently it
> doesn't even make it to main(). I have already tried to shuffle the
> order in which I link the libraries (my own, g2c, fl) but so far I haven't
> been able to fix the rpoblem. Strace reports that the application is
> waiting for console input. The program can be terminated by ctrl-c or
> ctrl-d. I suspect the flex library is at fault... Does anybody know
> a solution for this? Thank you very much.
You're giving people very little to go on, except that you say it waits
for console input.. (^D is an EOF, IIRC, which would tell your program
it's at the end of an stdin file)..

Scanners produced by Flex usually take stdin as input by default..

Are you sure your main() is never reached? (e.g. did you put a
printf("ping!\n");
at the beginning to see?)

If that is the case, are you sure you're using the right main()?

rlc