Can't get authorized_keys to work

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Wed Apr 9 16:18:00 GMT 2003

David,

The "file" command also identifies DOS vs. Unix text format. It even
knows Mac-style. I doesn't use those names, but it does distinguish them all:

% file test*
test.txt:   ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators
test-txt:   ASCII text
test[TEXT]: ASCII text, with CR line terminators

Randall Schulz

At 21:30 2003-04-08, you wrote:
>Neil Aggarwal wrote April 08, 2003 5:55 PM:
> > I am trying to use cygwin to set-up an authorized_keys file
> > on my server to allow me to automatically login without a
> > password.
> >
> > My client machine is Windows 2000 Professional and the server
> > is RedHat Linux 7.3.
>
>Have you checked line endings?  e.g. Cygwin might have created the file
>with CR-LF, but Linux wants LF.  Use "od" (octal dump) to examine the
>file.  Use "dos2unix" to convert line endings.
>

>HTH,
>
>David

Randy