Problems with net use statement via sshd on cygwin

Richard Sharpe rsharpe@richardsharpe.com
Tue Apr 8 05:17:00 GMT 2003

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> Richard,
>
> Can you access the share itself through a UNC pathname?
> Is it a Samba share?  What is the output of a simple "net use"?
> FWIW, I've just tried to access a Samba share from an ssh session, with no
> luck...

Well, if I bring up a cygwin window and enter:

  net use g: \\\\10.0.1.5\test /user:tigerteam\\rsharpe <password>

it works and I can use the share.

The server is a NetApp F840.

It seems that it is only when I try to do that via ssh from another system
that I get into trouble ...

Regards
-----