vim quits and cygwin window contents not restored

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Sun Apr 6 07:23:00 GMT 2003

Randall R Schulz wrote:
> Chuck,
>
> I was meaning to write this up earlier, but work keeps getting in the
> way.
>
> When I used your new termcap entry, "less" (when it's displaying
> output piped to it via its standard input but not when it is given a
> file name argument) tells me "WARNING: terminal is not fully
> functional".

Well, I hate to be brusque, but I don't maintain termcap, just terminfo.
   I provided a termcap translation as an offhand thing; I didn't really
think about it.  Perhaps I should have thought about it, and then not
done it <g>.

Anyway, perhaps some codes were dropped in the terminfo -> termcap
autoconversion.  Or perhaps my new-n-improved terminfo entry is wrong:
but the only way to find out is to recompile less to use
terminfo/ncurses, and run your testcase.

I don't plan on doing that; sorry.

If the *terminfo* entry breaks *existing* apps that use *ncurses*, then
I want to know, and I'll fix it (patches gratefully accepted, etc etc).
  Otherwise, I don't care.  Termcap is not my baby.

--Chuck

> Here's an excerpt, with context, from my "/etc/termcap":

[snip]