Most recent release

Joshua Daniel Franklin joshuadfranklin@yahoo.com
Sat Apr 5 06:00:00 GMT 2003

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 11:20:48AM +0100, Raymond Mardle wrote:
>   I'm a long time user of Cygwin (love the product) and yesterday I
> installed it on a computer that I personally use, for the first time in
> a number of years. I don't know if I did anything wrong but after the
> installation there were no less, page or vi executables (more was also
> missing but I know about that from my first installation a few years
> back). There might be other things missing but everything else I've
> used has been there. Have these been dropped deliberately or is it a
> problem?

No, now all but a minimal install are optional. There was a disagreement
about wether 'less' or 'more' should be included, but in the end they were
not.  I don't think 'vim' was ever a candidate... doesn't everyone use 'cat'
as their text editor??? You may want to read

<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-net.html>

to learn out some other things that have changed since then with setup.exe