inetd fails with fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

Anthony & Yinkwan yinkwan2@attbi.com
Thu Sep 26 22:20:00 GMT 2002

I've been attempting to get the Cygwin inetd going on Windows NT. Thing
work all right when I'm not connected the local domain, but when I am
attempts to telnet a ftp to my system from our LAN result in the
following event being generated :

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( inetd ) could not be
found. It contains the following insertion string(s): inetd : Win32
Process Id = 0x79 : Cygwin Process Id = 0x71 : fork: Resource
temporarily unavailable.

I have defined a local account that has the same name as my domain
account and both accounts have local administrative rights ...

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks !

Anthony Shortland
Mountain View, CA