Promoting rxvt (non-X11)

Thomas Mellman tmellman@web.de
Tue Sep 24 03:29:00 GMT 2002

> I also have a file in my home directory called .inputrc which
> is used to configure the key used by bash, ftp, and some other
> programs, I use the following entries (literal text) which mean
> I can use the delete key as well as the backspace key, and other
> keys, try it and see

Am I correct in assuming you use the emacs-mode, not the vi-mode, of bash?

I'd love to use .inputrc, but it seems that it's basically incompatible with
vi-mode, because "escape-sequences" all begin with escape, and in
vi-mode, the escape key switches to command mode.

Somebody please tell me I'm wrong, and I've just always configured it wrong.

--

Thomas Mellman