First Attempt at a cygwin Project

Christopher Faylor cgf-noreply@cygwin.com
Fri Sep 20 10:06:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 07:49:18AM -0600, Buntain, Dave wrote:
>I've read the promotions on CygWin, but have not been able to find a
>list of the CygWin API calls so that I can determine functional
>capability of the Cygwin library.  Can you point me to such a list ?

"nm /usr/lib/libcygwin.a".  Strip the __imp___ from the front of the symbols
and you'll see all of the available functions.

>I've read that porting the Unix to Windows requires a minimal amount of
>source code changes.  Is there a location on the web that is dedicated
>to the porting process, and discusses the problems encountered ?

Porting to cygwin is similar to porting to any other "UNIX" system.
There are some Windows gotchas with things like case insensitive
filename detection, and a more limited number of characters that
can be used in filenames.

Also, the FAQ is your friend.

cgf
--
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .