cvs executes illegal instructions

Steve Kelem s_kelem@pacbell.net
Wed Sep 18 15:30:00 GMT 2002

I'm running cvs 1.11 on Windows 2000, and the latest cygwin inside tcsh
6.11.00.
If I run "cvs commit" from tcsh, it runs a bit, and then brings up a popup:

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
CS:00cf IP:0514 OP:ff ff 00 00 98 Choose 'Close' to terminate the
application.

If I click on "Ignore", I get two more popups (clicking on "Ignore" each
time),
then I get the message:
Log message unchanged or not specified
a)bort, c)ontinue, e)dit, !)reuse this message unchanged for remaining dirs
Action: (continue)

So, cvs appears not to like not having a message specified ("-m" flag),
but it's a rather rude way of telling me.

Steve Kelem