supplement cygwin_logon_user with CreateProcessWithLogonW?

Mon Sep 16 02:39:00 GMT 2002

On Sat, Sep 14, 2002 at 10:46:33PM +0100, Chris January wrote:
> On Windows 2000, no extra privileges are needed to run
> CreateProcessWithLogonW (as opposed to the LogonUser / CreateProcessAsUser)
> combination. This is because CreateProcessWithLogonW utilises the RunAs
> (2000)/SecondaryLogon (XP) service. Would it make sense to modify Cygwin so
> this could be used in place of cygwin_logon_user if one so wished? If so,
> I'll go about creating a patch.

Hmm, how are you planning to do that?  Which application do you have in
mind to use that functionality, su?

Oh, btw., do you have a pointer to MS documentation which talks about
CreateProcessWithLogonW() utilizing RunAs?  I have not found a word of
that in MSDN.  Just curious.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.