Installing cygwin-mketc.sh

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Sun Sep 15 09:44:00 GMT 2002

On Sun, 15 Sep 2002, John Morrison wrote:

> > From: John Morrison
> > > From: Paul Johnston

> > > Ok, I've taken out the message, but NOT the case translation of $WINETC. The
> > > case translation must be done before the directory existence check, or the
> > > check might fail. I think this has got to be the final version of the code
> > > now.
> >
> > BTW,
> >
> > $ cygpath -w -l "/cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32/drivers/etc"
> >  u"
> >
> > This doesn't work (on my system at least :).  It was fine upto
> > attempting the -w -l...
> >

> The same thing happens with WFILE.

John,

If you trace this thread back a bit, you'll see that the cygpath that was
distributed with the current release of cygwin (compiled on July 6) is
broken.  Why it's broken is a mystery to me, as I've just recompiled it
from the 1.3.12-2 source package (using the w32api-1.5-1 sources), and it
works.  Can anyone shed some light on this?

I'm attaching a newly recompiled executable for the trusting souls.  Those
with a bit of healthy paranoia are welcome to recompile it themselves. ;-)
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Water molecules expand as they grow warmer" (C) Popular Science, Oct'02, p.51