Missing mount's

Vince Hoffman Vince.Hoffman@uk.circle.com
Mon Sep 9 04:53:00 GMT 2002

i seem to remember you have to have used password authentication to access
the network. (otherwise i can think of at least one easy way users could get
Domain Administrator access just with rsh/ssh)
are you using password authentication ?

As to the java, thats not a cygwin program is it ? thus it wont see
/cygdrive/ paths as it doesnt use the cygwin1.dll

-----Original Message-----
From: Gunnar Boström [mailto:Gunnar.Bostrom@kiconsulting.se]
Sent: 09 September 2002 12:15
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Missing mount's

Hi!
I'm running the latest version of cygwin on windows XP pro and have problem
with mount points.
Can anybody help me please?

When I do rsh to my localhost I'm missing all the network mountpoints.
I only get the mounts for the local drives.
Where are the mountpoints set? In the registry there are only three mounts:
"/", "/usr/bin" and "/usr/lib" for the current user.

Another or possible related problem is that
java -classpath H:/classes Main // works
java -classpath /cygdrive/h/classes Main // doesn't find Main class

java -version // gives the following output
java version "1.4.1-rc"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1-rc-b19)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.1-rc-b19, mixed mode)

The following is the output from mount and rsh localhost mount.
:-)

---------------------------------------
$ mount
D:\gb\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type user (textmode)
D:\gb\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type user (textmode)
D:\gb\cygwin on / type user (textmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type user (textmode,noumount)
d: on /cygdrive/d type user (textmode,noumount)
g: on /cygdrive/g type user (textmode,noumount)
h: on /cygdrive/h type user (textmode,noumount)
m: on /cygdrive/m type user (textmode,noumount)
p: on /cygdrive/p type user (textmode,noumount)
r: on /cygdrive/r type user (textmode,noumount)
s: on /cygdrive/s type user (textmode,noumount)
v: on /cygdrive/v type user (textmode,noumount)
x: on /cygdrive/x type user (textmode,noumount)
$ rsh localhost mount