Problems with Perl LWP and CYGSSL.DLL

Tommy Butler tommy@atrixnet.com
Sun Sep 1 13:23:00 GMT 2002

Niraj Agarwal wrote:
 > you can try to rebase the dlls.

Thank you for your help!  I'm sorry, I don't really understand though.  Do you
mean rebuild them?

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> Looks like the problem which was discussed in another thread recently,
> C. Faylor suggested that there may be two (different) cygwin1.dll's on
> your system.

Thanks for the tip.  This proves to be true in my case.  I actually found THREE
cygwin1.dll's on my system!

> You know that you are still using
> "This is perl, v5.6.1 built for cygwin-multi"
> but also have  C:\cygwin\bin\cygperl5_8_0.dll
> installed?

Yes, this is true.  Perl 5.8 has been acting very strangely for me, so I moved
back to 5.6x

> Which from the SSL modules do you use?

I use all of the modules from the 5.6 installation.  It still looks in the
default installation-specific paths, so it is not using the modules from 5.8 AFAICT.

> There are two possibilities, I installed Crypt::SSLeay (0.45)
> to do the test which works for me with perl-5.8 (NT4):

Thanks for the tip!  Am so doing :O)

I appreciate your help.  Thanks again for letting me know about these issues.  I
had not been aware of them.

--

   -Tommy Butler
    see if I'm online »http://ooopps.sourceforge.net/online

    Tommy Butler <tommy@atrixnet.com>
    phone: (817)-468-7716
    6711 Forest Park Dr
    Arlington, TX
         76001-8403

    Download my résumé in PDF, MS Word, HTML, text
    http://www.atrixnet.com/

    the ooOPps Code Library
    http://ooopps.sourceforge.net/pub/