Cannot compile my first Cygwin program

Elfyn McBratney emcb_exposure@hotmail.com
Tue Oct 29 15:40:00 GMT 2002

>I am trying to compile my first cygwin application. Here is my command
>line:
>
>gcc -I /cygwin/usr/include/sys test.c -o test.exe

Try this instead:

gcc -I/cygwin/usr/include test.c -o test.exe

or

gcc test.c -o test.exe -I/cygwin/usr/include

(by the way you don't need to add the .exe on the exec filename. and just
out of curiousity do you mean / instead of /cygwin?)

Its more easier this way

>and I get the error message
>
>gcc: installation problem, cannot exec 'cc1.plus': No such file or
>directory

Dont know what the hell that means, can you post your source code?