gcc.exe causes Stack Fault

lhall@pop.ma.ultranet.com lhall@pop.ma.ultranet.com
Thu Oct 24 15:38:00 GMT 2002

Hm.  And why would this be of interest to the Cygwin list?  You're using a
7 year old version of Cygwin and gcc and the gcc you're using wasn't
ever distributed with Cygwin from the Cygwin site.  That puts it pretty
much off-topic for this list.  Perhaps the source you got these from will
find your report of some use.  If you find you have a similar problem with
the current version of Cygwin or the gcc package that comes with it, then
that would be worthwhile to report to this list.

Larry

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Jordan, Jim jordan.j@ems-t.com
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 14:40:12 -0400
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: gcc.exe causes Stack Fault

Error: Stack Fault at eip=d15ff
 - compiling 'C' project targeting MIPS processor using Cygwin tools
 - all is well compiling a file containing several functions until one
   of the functions exceeds a particular size, due to many conditional
   statements, then get Stack Fault error

Tools:
 - IDT/c, GNU C-Compiler System, 32-bit release 5.1
    - Cygwin -  version: circa 1995
     - gcc.exe - version: circa 1995

Environments:
 - Windows 95/NT/2K
 - same error occurs in all environments but the function size can be a
   little larger on the Win 95 machine before it fails

Error:
C:\atec\ATECKE~1\SIM3000\_R341C50>make
gcc -Wall -nostdinc -I../header -I../../COMMON/header -I/IDTC
-I../HEADER/CUSTOM
 -I../DRIVERS/DRV_PC -DRS341=2 -DCPU_R3000 -DCLANGUAGE -G 0 -O2 -c
../CUSTOM/teb_cmds.c
Stack Fault at eip=d15ff
eax=00000002 ebx=000004ad ecx=00000000 edx=0000001d esi=00000000
edi=60000000
ebp=0013aac0 esp=00135df0 cs=287 ds=27f es=27f fs=27f gs=297 ss=28f
cr2=00005fde
Call frame traceback EIPs:
  0x000d15ff
  0x000d304f
  0x0002a5aa
  0x00019caf
  0x0000ac6d
  0x000293bf
  0x0002ba0c
make.exe: *** [teb_cmds.o] Error 1
C:\atec\ATECKE~1\SIM3000\_R341C50>

Environment Setup:
SET PATH=C:\CYGNUS\BIN;%PATH%
SET LIBRARY_PATH=C:\CYGNUS\LIB
SET INFOPATH=C:\CYGNUS\INFO
SET C_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\CYGNUS\include
SET CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\CYGNUS\include\cxx;C:\CYGNUS\include
SET GO32=EMU C:\CYGNUS\BIN\EMU387