YA in the "try a snapshot" series (was Re: latest cvs fork problems)

Gary R. Van Sickle g.r.vansickle@worldnet.att.net
Mon Oct 21 23:23:00 GMT 2002

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 10:42:45PM -0500, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> >>I was able to duplicate Jason's mmap problem with his version of exim
> >>and, so, I think I was also able to fix it.
> >>
> >>The latest snapshot should solve this problem.  The hanging problem
> >>that I mentioned previously seems to be gone, too...  or, more likely,
> >>it will manifest itself 10 seconds after I send this email.
> >>

> >Not sure if this would be expected to affect my perl problems, but it
> >hasn't made any difference.  Cygcheck attached FWIW.
>
> I asked for some specific things wrt your perl problems.  cygcheck was
> item 1 of 3.
>
> FWIW, I doubt that I'm going to be able to fix this problem at the rate
> of one response to information every five days.

I don't recall requesting that anybody fix this problem.  And I apologize if my
rate of information flow regarding said problem is too slow; I have many
masters, and Cygwin too often has to wait.

>  I'm not trying to be
> flip.  This is just a realistic assessment of what is required to debug
> problems like this.  I am 99% sure that rebasing will probably solve
> your particular problem, though.

We'll find out in 10 days I guess.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle