Initializing and cygwin.bat

CBFalconer cbfalconer@yahoo.com
Sun Oct 20 18:57:00 GMT 2002

As a new user I wanted to customize cygwin.bat to my system, which
uses 4dos as the shell and only maintains command.com as an
antique.  W98 BTW.

I found that various commands wouldn't work!  The reason was that
command.com was being called in the .pif file.  I simply changed
the .pif to specify "%comspec%" in place of
"c:\windows\command.com".

Is there any reason setup shouldn't do this in the initial
creation?  Since the .pif files are of some peculiar structure I
had to use explorer and the fursluginner mouse to make this
change.

   <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>  USE worldnet address!