Python support for Tcl 8.0

Jason Tishler jason@tishler.net
Thu Oct 17 06:16:00 GMT 2002

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 01:45:40PM -0400, Jason Tishler wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 01:15:31PM -0400, Robinow, David wrote:
> > The following post from the Python-Dev mailing list seems to have
> > ramifications for Cygwin Python.  Comments, anyone?
>
> Thanks for the heads up.  I will post the python-dev@ and lobby for
> Tcl 8.0 support to be retained.  However, I don't know if I will have
> any effect.

The following is the response to the above mentioned post:

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2002-October/029589.html

Therefore, if Cygwin Python tkinter support is important to you, then I
encourage you to join the effort on the Insight mailing
<insight@sources.redhat.com> to enable more recent Tcl versions to work
under Cygwin.

Thanks,
Jason