Errors during setup post-install scripts

David A. Cobb superbiskit@cox.net
Tue Oct 15 16:16:00 GMT 2002

I recently needed to do a total re-install of cygwin [ totalled one
partition ].  Took forever to get through the download stage because I
kept getting some network problems, but it finally got to the post-install.

During the post-install I observed several failures of the usual
fork-resource type.  However, they fly past too quickly to capture any
useful information.  In the postinstall directory, all the scripts seem
to have been renamed x.sh.done; so I guess they didn't totally crash the
setup.  But I can't determine now which ones might have had problems.

Would it be a big deal to have the various setup scripts send their
output to, say, /var/log/setup/SCRIPTNAME.log?

--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"By God's Grace I am a Christian man, by my actions a great sinner." -- The Way of a Pilgrim; R. M. French, tr.