cygwin copy

Rick Umali rgu@TheWorld.com
Tue Oct 15 09:02:00 GMT 2002

Folks:

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Michael A Chase wrote:
> > You could also create restore_mounts.bat the same way and run it in a MSDOS
> > window.  The mount command does not depend on cygwin1.dll and the `mount
> > -m` output should work under MSDOS 'shells' as well as under Cygwin shells.
>
> As for the bit about mount not depending on cygwin1.dll, it would be
> interesting if this were the case...  And which DLL does it get
> getmntent() from?
> 	Igor

Lately, I was introduced to objdump(1), which answers which DLL
does mount obtain getmntent(). Here's an excerpted session:

% objdump -p /bin/mount.exe
The Import Tables (interpreted .idata section contents)
 vma:            Hint    Time      Forward  DLL       First
                 Table   Stamp     Chain    Name      Thunk
 00008000       00008040 00000000 00000000 00008374 000080d0

        DLL Name: cygwin1.dll
        vma:  Hint/Ord Member-Name Bound-To
        815c        8  __errno
        8168       28  __main