Maintaining Non-Cygwin Packages???

David Ryan Oobles@hotmail.com
Sat Oct 12 00:24:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have a number of packages I would like to create and provide to my
users that I don't feel would be that useful to the whole cygwin
community.  The users of my web site however would find the convenience
of an installable package much easier than instructions on how to build
the sources.  Two questions..

1.  Is it possible to have setup.exe install packages outside of the
list of official packages?

2.  If the above is not possible..  what would people suggest as an
alternative?

The packages are cross compilers and environment for developing on the
Playstation2.  I currently have long tutorials about how to patch and
build the compilers, but would like to provide an easier solution.  I
have found some instructions on creating patch files and building source
and binary releases for cygwin through the FAQ.. and it looks like
something I could do. :)

Thanks,
David.