crontab fails to change crontab file: "no changes made to crontab"

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Thu Oct 10 13:42:00 GMT 2002

Steve,

Before you do anything as drastic as a reinstall, check the inode of the
temp file before and after editing.  Even though you're using vim, it can
be configured to make backups, and I don't know if the in-place write is
enabled when backup is.  If the inode does change, look into your vim
configuration.
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Water molecules expand as they grow warmer" (C) Popular Science, Oct'02, p.51