Path Parsing Bug.

Joseph Elwell jelwell@netscape.com
Thu Oct 3 18:15:00 GMT 2002

First off, I'm not subscribed to this list, so if you'd like me to hear
any follow ups please cc me.

I ran across a bug recently. I build Mozilla regularly using cygwin
tools on windows XP. Recently I installed Norton Ghost. It added to my
System variables path "C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton
Ghost\". This entry in my path caused Make to die. My path would end up
looking like this:

Path=C:\WINDOWS\System32;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem
;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adaptec Shared\System;"C:\Program
Files\Norton Sy
stemWorks\Norton Ghost\";C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\Common\Tools\W
inNT;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\Common\MSDev98\Bin;C:\Program File
s\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Tools;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\
VC98\bin;C:\moztools\bin;c:\cygwin\bin

In paticular I would type make and get results like this:
make: make: Command not found

Removing the Norton Entry, or more specifically removing the double
quotes from around the Norton entry got make working again.

Thanks,
Joseph Elwell.