sshd installation on NT 5.0

Fri Nov 29 05:08:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 08:47:06AM +0200, Marc Girod wrote:

> MG> A bit liberal, maybe... Usually -r-xr-xr-x should be enough? (Also below)
>
> Once I was mentioning protections problems (some enhancements to the
> post-processing part of the installation?), one more detail: it seems
> that ssh connections won't work if there is no read rights to other on
> the ~/.ssh/authorized_keys* files.
>
> That's no the case on unix...

The permission problems on NT with respect to ssh files have been
discussed two weeks ago already.  Basically the problem is that
SYSTEM is not root and there's absolutely nothing like a root
user available on NT.  Not even SYSTEM may just open a file which
hasn't implicitely or explicitely read permission to SYSTEM.  That's
not SSH's fault.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.