Telnetd hangs for a while before giving login prompt

Danilo Turina danilo.turina@alcatel.it
Thu Nov 28 05:57:00 GMT 2002

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 12:55:13PM +0100, Danilo Turina wrote:
>
>>Raghav wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>	I have installed cygwin 1.3.16 on my win2k workstation. I have installed
>>>inetd as a service and am running it as localsystem. I have created
>>>passwd/group files for local users only, not domain users. rlogin is
>>>working
>>>without any problem. But if I try to telnet my machine, it hangs for
>>>about 3
>>>minutes or so before giving me the login prompt. This happens only if
>>>I have
>>>logged into the domain. Even if i remove the network cable from my
>>>machine,
>>>Prompt will appear quickly. There is no problem with reverse dns lookup --
>>>nslookup works fine both for forward and reverse lookups. Any clue what
>>>might be wrong? or is it a bug in telnetd?
>>
>>I have the same identical problem since 1.3.13 or maybe 1.3.12.
>>But I have not been able to track down the causes.
>>On October 14th I posted this message:
>>[...]
>

> Network paths in the system PATH variable?
>
> Corinna

No, my PATH only contains directories in C:
The only thing that could interfere is a NFS Client (FTP Software's
InterDrive 5.0) that I suspect also causes some crashes of Explorer.
Unfortunately there's no easy way to stop its services to try if the
problem goes away without it.

Ciao,

		Danilo