[Problem] Compile KVM on Windows using Cygwin

incar_tw@yahoo.com.tw incar_tw@yahoo.com.tw
Thu Nov 28 01:14:00 GMT 2002

> Im not sure exactly what your compiling (a java compiler maybe? if so you
> could use gcj as an alternative).

KVM is a reference java virtual machine implementaion in sun's J2ME
platform.

> >Can anybody help to solve this problem?
> >Or somebody has similiar experiences?
> >Any reply will be appreciated.

> Were there any other errors? Im not that into java so i don't know what
> parent in this means (class thing?) but it sounds as though something is
> missing in the source tree or in the jsdk.

> What are the installation requirements of ...j2me_cldc...? Does your
cygwin
> install meet those requirements?

According to the README of j2me_cldc, it can be built with Visual C++ or Gnu
C++
on Cygwin. With some modifications of its Makefile, the compiling works.
However,
during the last stage, the error I reported occurs.

More specific, the error occurs when executing the following command:
$ java -classpath classes JavaCodeCompact -nq -arch KVM -o ROMjavaWin.c
classesWin.zip

It seems that the virtual machine "java" executes the "JavaCodeCompact"
class file, with some
parameters to feed to the class file. But it turns out that some classes go
wrong.
I have no idea how to fix the problem, and I hope there will be somebody
helping out.

Thanks for your replying.
:.>