Customizing default package selection in setup.exe?

Hans Ekkehard Plesser hans.plesser@itf.nlh.no
Wed Nov 27 03:01:00 GMT 2002

Hi!

I will teach a course in OOP based on C++, and plan to use Cygwin, so that
things look identical for students independent of the operating system they
are using.  Unfortunately, most developer tools (make, gcc, ...) are not
included in the standard set of packages installed by setup.exe.

Instead of giving my students a long list of packages to select manually
during the Cygwin installation, I'd prefer to create one "reference setup",
then export the configuration information to a file, and tell students to
download this file, import it into setup.exe, and install.

Is this possible?  If not, I hope it will become possible in the future.

Best regards,
Hans