[Patch] skipping import libraries for performance reasons - direct auto-import of dll's

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Mon Nov 25 23:31:00 GMT 2002

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Another thing that "would be nice" would be to speed up the handling of
> import libraries.  It might not be necessary for ld to be as slow as
> it is.

What would probably speed that up dramatically is to construct the
importlib with more than a single symbol per bfd.  But I'm not sure
exactly how that should be done: all-in-one-massive-bfd (which might
cause problems with very large libs), or somewhere in between all-in-one
and one-per (which is much more complicated)?  If between, where?
5-per?  30-per? 100?

--Chuck