.rhosts on W2K w/o ntsec

Christian Mueller Christian_Mueller@csgsystems.com
Wed Nov 20 10:53:00 GMT 2002

>  > Also, the directories created by Cygwin with ntsec do have
>  > inheritance turned on. In fact that inheritance determines the
>  > ACL of files created by Cygwin when ntsec is off, and also the
>  > ACL created by most Windows applications. Incidentally you
>  > can display these "stupid permissions" with getfacl and change
>  > them with setfacl, so you could add Administrators if needed.
>
> Hmmm.... it seems as if you mis-interpreted (is this a word?) my
> problem: The permissions set by Cygwin with "ntsec" are absolutely OK.
> I'm having problems with permissions set by *native* Windows programs
> when they create files in my Cygwin home directory....

I just did some tests with CYGWIN=ntsec and it seems as if it's better
than it used to be a year ago or so. The only thing that doesn't work
is typing something like "cmd /c xxx.doc" to start the according
application automatically if the according file is not executable but
I can write a little script that looks into /proc/registry and figures
out how to open a file of a given type.

I'll give it a shot, convert all my files to NT security and see how
it goes. Thanks again.

Cheers,
--Christian