[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated Cygwin Package: python-2.2.2-1

Rolf Campbell rcampbell@tropicnetworks.com
Mon Nov 18 11:08:00 GMT 2002

I use the 'pyserial' package, and it stopped working after upgrading
from python-2.2.1-1 to python-2.2.2-1.

Python gives this traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./upgrade.py", line 2, in ?
    import serial, sys, os
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/serial/__init__.py", line 15,
in ?
    from serialposix import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line
107, in ?
    TIOCMBIS = TERMIOS.TIOCMBIS
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'TIOCMBIS'

I tried going back to python-2.2.1-1, and everything started working
again.  I've attached a cygcheck.  I have also submitted a bug report to
the pyserial project at sourceforge, but the projects looks a little
dead there.

I don't know if this is really a problem with the cygwin version of
python or not.  The "TIOCMBI[SC]" attributes of the termios module seem
to have disappeared.  I really don't know what these are, or what they
are used for, but if anyone knows what I can change them to, to make it
work, I'd be appreciative.

-Rolf Campbell

		[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated Cygwin Package: python-2.2.2-1