Setup installed to c:/cygwin/usr/bin

Norton Allen allen@huarp.harvard.edu
Fri Nov 15 12:02:00 GMT 2002

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> Hmm, don't know if there is a way in NT to restrict access to HKLM
> registry entries, but it certainly sounds like the second user doesn't see
> these entries...  This might not matter, but is either of them a domain
> user, by any chance?
>
> > > I'm assuming, of course, that you ran 'mount' as the original installing
> > > user.
> >
> >   I never explicitly ran mount. Presumably it was run by setup
> >   during the original install.
> >    -Norton
>
> I meant the 'mount' the output of which you posted to the list.  It would
> be interesting to see the output of 'mount' run by the second user as
> well.

  The mount output I posted was for the second user (not the
  original installer), but the mount output for the original
  installer looks identical. Neither is a domain user.

  I just noticed that the original installer does not have
  any entry for Cygwin under HKEY_USERS whereas the other
  user does. Curious.
    -Norton