pico and nano: number of lines displayed

fergus@bonhard.uklinux.net fergus@bonhard.uklinux.net
Wed Nov 13 05:34:00 GMT 2002

> Sorry, but it works fine for me with pico/nano in an rxvt (2.7.2.14)
window,
> with cygwin 1.3.15.2.
>
> Can you describe your problem in any more detail?

Thank you, Robert.

I've done some more fiddling about. Please could you try starting up using

C:\Cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -geometry 80x58+0+0 -tn cygwin

Do you get a $ prompt and find you are in /usr/bin? Now type man
<something>. Works fine. Response fills page. Navigates fine using arrow
keys.

Then type login <yourusername> at the $ prompt

followed again by man <something>. Now the response starts halfway down the
page and navigation keys throw the user all over the place, with visible ESC
sequences, etc. Either there's something "wrong" with login? or I need to
re-construct my .bash_profile, .bashrc and .inputrc files? (But why?)

Thank you too to other readers. I am very sorry if it turns out I am filling
the list with what turns out to be a piece of daft local mismanagement.

Fergus