mkfifo doesn't work??

Marcos Lorenzo marcos@it.uc3m.es
Tue Nov 12 01:11:00 GMT 2002

Christopher Faylor <cgf-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote [Yesterday -0500]

   CF > On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 07:08:17PM +0100, Marcos Lorenzo wrote:
   CF > >mkfifo version 4.1 doesn't work?
   CF >
   CF > No.
   CF >
   CF > >Do I need to update fileutils to get this function implemented?
   CF >
   CF > No.
   CF >
   CF > >I'm really surprised, why is there an executable mkfifo if it's not
   CF > >implemented?
   CF >
   CF > Meanness.
   CF >
   CF > cgf

Well I expected more verbosity... I mean why is this not implemented? NTFS
restrictions? Will it be implemented in the future?

I have a backup script that uses mkfifo. Obviously it is ported from a
LinBox and I wanted to use it on cygwin.

m4c.

Marcos Lorenzo de Santiago (Labs Technician)

Departament of Telematic Engineering
University Carlos III Av.Universidad 30 Leganés (Madrid).
Torres Quevedo Building 4.1A01
E-mail: marcos@it.uc3m.es, Telephone: (+34)91-624-8757
Home Page http://www.it.uc3m.es/marcos