Cygwin 1.3.15-1: setup 2.249.2.5 stack fault when installing on win98 SE

Xenicus Starr xenicus@dissolve.to
Sun Nov 10 05:32:00 GMT 2002

At 10 November 2002, you wrote:

>On Sun, 2002-11-10 at 14:45, Xenicus Starr wrote:
>> I posted this a few days ago. The problem still exists and I
>> actually can't find the post when I search the mailing list
>> so I think somehow it may have gotten lost in the ether.
>>
>> I am trying to install Cygwin 1.3.15-1 with PCR-tools on Win98 SE
>> using setup.exe 2.249.2.5 off http://cygwin.com. I have tried both
>> installing from the internet and installing from local directory.
>> One of two problems occurs, depending on which method I use.
>>
>> When installing from the internet: When the download has progressed
>> to 99% and it is about to install the installation reports and error
>> and stops.
>
>What error?

It's the same error. Stack fault in kernel32.dll

>> I have searched the mailing list and google, and read the faq.
I have
>> tried the following things:
>>
>> (1) Turning off Norton Anti Virus
>>
>> (2) Installing using this file setup-2.259.2.4.exe from
>> http://www.cygwin.com/setup-snapshots/
>
>Does the exact same thing happen?

The only difference is that with the snapshot, after the
to pick the install directory screen,the next screen shows progress on
the progress bar sayng it is parsing setup.ini and then checking
for various files, then it goes to the package picker.With the setup.
exe
from cygwin.com/ main page at that screen it doesn't show any progress
or indicate it is doing anything, it just stays there for a few
seconds while the computer works and then moves on to the package
picker screen. The error is the same.

Thanks,