Process does not respond to signals on read() of win32 handle.

sanjayl@mindspring.com sanjayl@mindspring.com
Wed Nov 6 10:50:00 GMT 2002

I have a program that opens a Win2k driver using CreateFile and then
associates it with a file desciprtor using cygwin_attach_handle_to_fd().
I then do a read() on the descriptor. At this point the program stops
responding to CTRL-Cs etc. until something is written to the device and
the read() returns.  Only then is the signal caught and the process exits.

I have tried the same program in a pure Win32  environment using CreateFile()
and ReadFile() calls, and things seem to
work as expected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Sanjay