1.3.10 gcc/g77 won't install, won't work

Tim Prince tprince@computer.org
Mon Mar 25 06:48:00 GMT 2002

On Monday 25 March 2002 06:06, Ryu Myungsunn wrote:
> Recently I updated cygwin to 1.3.10 and got "installation incomplete
> Check /setup.log.full" message. but no /setup.log.full was found.
>
> Later I discovered that g77(v0.5.25) won't produce .exe files while
> producing .o files.
> This was the same with gcc(v2.95.3-5).
> The same versions of gcc and g77 work nicely on solaris7-sparc
> environment.

Your font is quite difficult to read here.
It's not your g77 version.  You may have somehow introduced breakage
(possibly in more than one place) in your g77 linkage setup.  Since you give
no particulars, anyone trying to help you would be guessing.  You haven't
even revealed whether you got binutils installed.  One of the common problems
with the cygwin setup is the introduction of a spurious -lm in the default
g77 setup.  Such breakage in the g77 version installed by cygwin does not
necessarily extend to a separate version of gcc/g77 installed from source.
--
Tim Prince