GCC program always opening files in text mode

Robert Collins robert.collins@itdomain.com.au
Fri Mar 22 15:18:00 GMT 2002

With difficulty? Seriously though IIRC the C++ specs right ofstreams are
meant to default to text, and provide ios::binary for binary data.

If the above is correct, then I suspect that a patch to libg++ (possibly
just to the ifstream templates is in order.

Rob