resolv or -lresolve

Bartell, William J. William.Bartell@cmet.af.mil
Fri Mar 22 07:00:00 GMT 2002

Has anyone made a resolve library fro cygwin or even a stub for Winsock?I'm
working on source that I need to be compatible with Linux and other variants
and yet work on windows(cygwin).  The source is making references to
'dn_expand' '_getshore' '__dn_skipname' and others. I've downloaded the
glibc and found the source for the resolve library but I'm having problems
incorporating it into the system including problems with the res_state
structure.

Any help would be appreciated including links to more reading. I not only
want it to work I'd like to understand it

William