Anonymous ftp on 1.3.9

Pavel Tsekov ptsekov@syntrex.com
Fri Mar 22 02:23:00 GMT 2002

Hello Andrew,

AD> Again, please stop emailing me directly - keep in on the list!

Well, I see you've found the solution to this problem :)

Read below for more info on the anonymous ftp problem.

AD> Pavel Tsekov wrote:

>> Hello Andrew,
>>
>> Wednesday, March 20, 2002, 9:13:56 PM, you wrote:

>> AD> adefaria:/bin/ftp adefaria
>> AD> Connected to adefaria.SALIRA.COM.
>> AD> 220- Welcome to adefaria's ftp service
>> AD> 220 adefaria FTP server (GNU inetutils 1.3.2) ready.
>> AD> Name (adefaria:adefaria): anonymous
>> AD> 331 Guest login ok, send your complete e-mail address as password.
>> AD> Password:
>> AD> 530 Login incorrect.
>> AD> /bin/ftp: Login failed.
>> AD> Remote system type is UNIX.
>> AD> Using binary mode to transfer files.
>> ftp>>

Ok, I was able to reproduce this behaviour on  my WinXP Home
Edition... So it seems there is some kind of a problem (at least for me and you).
For the record I'm running 1.3.10 and inetutils 1.3.2-17.

I got the sources for inetutils and I'm going to debug it this night.

Btw reading the inetutils README file I've noticed this:

Version 1.3.2-6: Fix complete_login to allow anonymous ftp to enter
                 mail address as password.

Seems like this was a problem before and strikes back... I'll
investigate further.