Cygwin on Win 2000

Stephano Mariani sk.mail@btinternet.com
Thu Mar 21 15:34:00 GMT 2002

I have since resolved the issue... apparently, there are hidden settings
in the windows 2000 installer that can be used to prevent command.com
from being installed (which my company has done). I am thus unable to
run 16-bit code (which I have thankfully never needed to do), but this
is no problem.

I have cmd.exe but no command.{com,exe}. I suspect that this is just a
peculiarity if my system.

Thanks,
Stephano Mariani

Behalf
> Of Alex K. Angelopoulos
> Sent: Thursday, 21 March 2002 9:43 PM
> To: cygwin@cygwin.com
> Subject: Re: Cygwin on Win 2000
>
> FYI everyone...
>
> Command.com really *should* be there.  You really *shouldn't* ever use
it
> directly, though.
>
> If you launch a console app which turns out to be 16-bit, NT/2000/XP
> automatically instantiates command.com (and then passes all of its
> operations  back to CMD.EXE).
>

> I suspect the OPs problem is that since he tried to launch under
> command.com, it choked since cygwin is 32-bit.  This can just be
resolved
> by calling CMD instead of COMMAND  in the "run" box.
>
> "Lapo Luchini" <lapo@lapo.it> wrote in message
> : > Mine was a clean install in each case with only the service packs
and
> : > some patches being added.
> :
> : I installed it from scratch every time but the first (of course...)
but