Setup.Exe causes Application Error at 0x78001750

Seitz, Matt mseitz@snapserver.com
Thu Mar 21 13:32:00 GMT 2002

Thanks for your help.  I am not sure how to generate the memory image you
want.  I do have a "user.dmp" file that Dr. Watson generated following the
crash.  I believe that contains a memory image.  If you would like something
else, please let me know.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pavel Tsekov [mailto:ptsekov@syntrex.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 02:46
To: Seitz, Matt
Cc: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'
Subject: Re: Setup.Exe causes Application Error at 0x78001750

Hello Matt,

SM> Windows NT 4 is reporting an Application Error when I run Setup.Exe.
The
SM> error reads:

SM>         The instruction at "0x78001750" referenced memory at
"0x20b078e9".
SM> The memory could not be "read".

It seems the crash occures in some of the Win32 / CRT routines...
Maybe a bad argument is passed to this API... Will it be possible to
drive the setup.exe to the pre-download screen AND then dump its
memory image then send it to me (offlist) and i can try to analyze it.

If you dont know how to dump memory contact me offlist and I'll send
you an utility.