where can I find man page section 2 ?

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Thu Mar 21 12:55:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

To forestall another likely stumbling block, for "man -k" or "apropos" to
work, you must build the "whatis" database by running the "makewhatis"
command. Note, too, that this database must be rebuilt as man pages are
added or the synopsis section of existing ones change.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA