gcc: please help!

G.Spagnuolo spanish@ieee.org
Thu Mar 21 10:32:00 GMT 2002

Hi all,
I've used gcc for a long time by means of DJGPP and now I'd like to use it
under Cygwin.
I installed Cygwin on my Windows 2000 machine, but, once written a simple
test program prova.cc I have:

Administrator@PC2 c:/cygwin/projects/skin
$ gcc prova.cc
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.3-5/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld:
cann
ot find -luser32
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

To avoid errors, I downloaded the whole distribution of cygwin. In fact I
have libuser32.a in "C:\cygwin\usr\lib\w32api".

Where I'm doing the error?

Thanks very much for your suggestions.

Regards

G.Spagnuolo

--
Dr. Giovanni Spagnuolo, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers.
You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions."
Naguib Mahfouz