Setup.exe release-candidate

Jonathon Merz jmerz42@earthlink.net
Fri Mar 15 08:38:00 GMT 2002

fergus@bonhard.uklinux.net wrote:
> Sorry, I know it's not at all helpful to say "Still flakey on 98/SE, and I
> haven't a clue how to fix it either" but if none of us said this, you
> wouldn't know that it was still flakey on 98/SE. I won't attach anything,
> but screen maintenance is all shot up. Thanks for trying so hard to get this
> right in the face of sometimes conflicting requirements. If those of us who
> need to keep a local copy of the current setup.exe v.2.125.2.10, is there
> any reason why it shouldn't work with future setup.ini's, even after [if]
> you release this version v.2.194.2.11, or something close to it, as
> standard?
> Fergus

I think what he's getting at here is that on at least some versions of Windows
(Win2K, SP2 for me), if you change views from the default tree view, the lines
of text dexcribing the packages are drawn a little too close together,
resulting in a little bit of the top portion of each line being cut off.  It's
still readable, but you have to put some effort into reading it.  I expect
somebody's already pointed this out, as it is easy to see. Btw, is there a
running list of Known Bugs for setup.exe?  I ask because I wasn't able to find
one in my (admittedly quick) search, and I expect if there is one, that this
is probably in there and I'm unfortunately re-reporting it.  At any rate, in
case this isn't a known issue, I've put a screenshot of it up at:

    http://home.earthlink.net/~jmerz42/cyg_setup/cyg_setup.png

so you can see what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the work, this is looking really nice!

-Jon

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the
ability to learn from the experience of others, are
also remarkable for their apparent disinclination
to do so.

- Douglas Adams