gcc compile options

Calum Grant calum@envisional.com
Wed Mar 13 04:17:00 GMT 2002

I recently ran into a problem with the binary distribution of gcc (2.95-3).
We are using C++ in a multithreaded environment, and it took us a long while
to work out that the compiler had not been configured with
the --enable-threads option.  Without this option, our code crashes, since
we use a lot of threads, as well as the STL, and C++ exceptions.  Once we
rebuilt the compiler it worked fine.

I would recommend turning this option on for your binary distribution of
gcc, as most other distros now do.

Calum
--
The Information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the individuals named above. If you are not the intended recipient,